Sunday, April 7, 2013

What To Look For at Thrift Stores to Flip on eBay


  One of the hardest things to do is figure out what to sell on eBay.  We go through our attic and basement until every valuable item is gone.  Then what?  Thrift Stores!  I usually go in twice a week and just look around for something that may stand out or a book I can find profitable at that moment without further research.  I'll get into that a little more into the article.  So with out making you wait any longer, I will break down a simple beginners check list when at the thrift store to hopefully help you make more money on eBay.

  Go early if possible.  Most thrift stores open around 8-9an so try to be there so you can have first dibs at the treasures.  I usually go early on my days off and during my lunch hour at work, i occasionally will make a stop.  Its good do know what days the thrift store you will be shopping at offers half off clothing so you can hunt down the first item of the check list;

Name Brand Jeans

They are great money makers on eBay.  If you see Tommy Hilfiger, Polo, Nautica, Old Navy, Gap or any other name brand and in great condition grab them.  If you know they cost a lot at the mall, your chances of re-selling them are going to increase.  

Toys (Lego's)

If you happen to come across legos, grab them.  Check out some eBay listing here so you can see what i mean;


I've seen some lego's go as much as $450!  I know, its crazy.  The amount of money you can make on eBay depends on you and how much work and dedication you put into it.

Bags and Shoes

This is where my phone comes into play.  I do not know much about purses or handbags, but i do know that real and authentic bags will have serial numbers on them.  I just google the brand and the serial number and i will know what i am dealing with.  Once you know its authenticity, you can search on eBay application on your phone to get an idea what they may be selling for.  Shoes is another area i don't know much about but, but If I EVER SEE A PAIR OF JORDAN'S on great conditions and cheap, i will buy them.  They will usually sell for very good profit.

Books

This has to be my favorite way to find profits.  I use my phone again and use a bar code scanner application
and scan the bar codes of the books and check their market prices.  This is a great tool that i like to use to find the treasures and the crap!  If you dont have a smart phone, you can always take your ipad and do the same.  If you don't know how to work your ipad, I recommend this,

Well that's all I have for now.  I hope you enjoy your hunting and as always , remember to comment, subscribe and spread the love and word.  I will be posting a link at the bottom with my live auctions on eBay so you can see my finds.  Everything listed came from thrifting :)   Much Luck!

Check out my eBay listings!  Everything listed was from thrift stores!


Ramon R.
Thrift Flips

7 comments:

  1. what scanner app do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dress which has patterns for example is more likely to give away the age in which it was designed than a full black or full red dress.
    thrift shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may see these shopping carts on most of the sites you visit. They play a vital role in improving people's business.
    thrift store

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use CheckAFlip to price my listings. It's a simple tool that we created to gather pricing information directly from eBay to give you the most accurate and important information for Sold and Current listings.

    www.checkaflip.com

    It is currently in a beta state so please let me know if there's anything you would like to see done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your own organization supplies silicone trails from the wider regarding 150mm for you to 800mm which might be applicable on other ones involving excavators, earthmovings, farming devices along with the additional pieces regarding equipment. Construction

    ReplyDelete
  6. your own company supplies silicone trails by the wider of 150mm to be able to 800mm which can be applicable from additional versions involving excavators, earthmovings, farming models and the added pieces of equipment. Construction

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might find this E-book called “What to Look For at Thrift Stores” valuable. It’s available on kindle

    ReplyDelete